Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Got some partnerin' ta do

On the train back from an audition: Vital Dance
Started with a smooth improv warmup (I did a floor barre and abbreviated ballet barre at home)
We learned a couple phrases, and she had us play with some musicality and quality.
Then some quick partnering at the end.
What the heck AU Dance?! Makin' me look like a fool at two auditions now because I don't know much of anything about partnering :/ One HUGE flaw of Adelphi... Hopefully they're working on it but I tend to doubt that...

Anyway Vital Dance was looking for a couple dancers for the company and some upcoming things (one in July which I will be in Italy for). The choreographer, Shawna, was great; she was very enthusiastic, excited, and passionate about her work and the process.
All in all it was a very fun audition, almost like a relaxed rep class or something.
I'm just a little disappointed in my lack of partnering skills.

I'll be hearing back from Vital Dance tomorrow-ish.
In the meantime, I am currently chuggin' down some Gatorade and replenishing some electrolytes.

No comments:

Post a Comment