Wednesday, June 8, 2011

L Train Blues

As if things aren't tough enough, things can go wrong before you even get to an audition. Yeah, you may not even make it to the audition part. Like what happened to me today for example!

I was planning on a music video audition (jazz, modern, some hip hop dance for Gordon Voidwell) after my internship. So with plenty of time to spare, I hit up the F to the L to get over to BK. 50 minutes of standing like cattle in a slaughter house, and I'm still in manhattan on the unmoving L train--it's 7pm and the audition has began.

Also today, was an audition for J Chen,which filled up and I got closed out of.
Sometimes, you send in your request for an audition via email with your resume attached, and companies can say, "nah, you can't audition for us. Not worth our time."
Other times, you can get lost and arrive 20 minutes late to an audition, and get turned away (I saw this happen to a girl at Paul Taylor)
Don't even get me started on theatre. Most shows won't even let you audition unless you're union, and guess what? To be in a union, you have to be cast in a show first!

The moral of this dancerly story?
Well there is no moral, just fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment